Every company regardless of the kind of product they are producing and selling in the market, at some stage need to get material handling solutions to apply in the overall supply chain process. Material handling system cannot stand alone until and unless it is facilitated along with material handling solutions too. As material handling systems analysis and design do require a lot of attention before the final system to have opted, similarly when coming towards the material handling problems and solutions, a company needs to know everything about applying the material handling solution.
When it comes to the industry usually the small to mid-size companies that do not possess a gigantic number of warehouses usually deploy manual functionalities along with few automated material handling solutions, whereas the big giants that cannot even think of manufacturing and shipping a product without even properly adopting the material handling solutions.
Here is the step-by-step guide that will let you know how you can apply the material handling solutions and how this guide enables MWI solutions to be on top of their game.
- The very first step that is most essential before applying any material handling solution is to determine the size, capacity, etc. of the warehouse.
- After all the assessments relating to the warehouse done, we need to focus on the operational assessments that involved all the actions and physical work taking place during the whole supply chain cycle.
- Afterward, the solution mainly focuses upon the smooth workflow along with maximum production and high-level efficacy.
- The next step is minimizing the steps and intervals to complete the whole process from manufacturing to delivering and consuming.
- After all above the utmost focus is on the reduction of the cost either it is the manufacturing material cost, shipping/handling cost, labor cost, etc.
- It is very much necessary to track the expenses and the cost to insure the reduction and maintain the record for future forecasting.
- Automate the maximum tasks possible. Automation does not only help in reducing the labor cost but also makes the overall flow of the work way much smoother and efficient.
- The most important part is getting rid of obstacles and mobbing inside the warehouse. To successfully establishing the material handling solution and get the maximum out of it we need to make sure that every type of overcrowding and all kinds of jamming that could possibly delay the task is taken rid of completely.
- Separate use and deploying the warehouse management system and operation management system. Although they can be used together as a single system but decreases productivity and overall efficiency.
- Follow the proper hierarchy of the systems and data flow should be accordingly, for example, the order management system should be responsible for managing all the data regarding the orders a company is getting whereas the shipping details should be managed by the operations management system and the other cost determination tasks should be performed by the warehouse management system all on their own.
- Each and every material handling system deployed in the material handling solution should not overlap the other system regardless of interconnection and data-sharing ability.
By following all the above steps anyone can easily deploy a proper and effective material handling solution to their supply chain cycle and make the whole process much more centralized, streamlined, and productive.