Development of every mobile application for a business starts from the basic research on the recent trend of the market, the high demand features, unique features, and others. But, what if the needs and expectations of the people change before the completion of the final app product.
To avoid such scenarios, you can follow the MVP (Minimum Viable Product) method in app development. By following this, you can minimize the time and effort by testing the application before the completion of the final output.
Let me convey details about the MVP method in mobile app development and its benefits through this blog. Let’s dive into this.
What is MVP in App Development?
The Minimum Viable Product is a method of app development that allows the developers to launch the basic product in the market only with the necessary features and functionalities to attract customers and know their reviews. By analyzing their reviews and demands, the developers will develop and include features one by one.
Most famous tech-based businesses like Uber, Facebook, and others followed these methods initially. It allows the business to launch its mobile application platform in a short time. So, if you are an entrepreneur who has a business based on a mobile application, then it is advisable to follow this method. To know more about this, let’s know its workflow.
Minimum Viable Product: How It Works?
A Minimum Viable Product is a method of introducing a new product into the market generally. When it comes to mobile app development, it has the main objective of testing an idea and finding out the target customer’s expectations that will be included in future days.
It helps the developers to identify the features that have major demand in the market in real-time and develop unique features. It also helps the team of developers to define the sequential steps in the project.
Step-1: Find out the basic goals and objectives of the application.
Step- 2: Do market research and find the recent trends in app development.
Step-3: Develop a user journey map and essential features.
Step- 4: Launch it in the market to attract primary users.
Step-5: Collect reviews and demands from the potential customers and the app users.
Step-6: Make the preference list of the things to be included in the app.
Step-7: Update the app with new features.
Step-8: Repeat steps 5 to 7 until the final product is developed.
The mobile application will be tested multiple times to reduce the flaws and enhance the workflow of the application. Roughly, 80% of the application features and UX, and will be developed after the launch of an MVP based on the customer review and personal experiences of the users. So, after the final product, the failing possibilities of the mobile app will be reduced.
Why Should You Prefer MVP Development Method?
This MVP developing model will be very helpful for the startups and also the brand to enter a new market. Launching an application with basic features in the market is also the best strategy to avail the most demanded features and UI later. Along with this, there are multiple reasons to follow this MVP method as follows.
- The entrepreneur will know the interests of the potential customers,
- Find out the working error in the essential features in the earlier stage,
- It allows the business to spend money to develop only the features demanded by the users,
- Provoke the brand awareness quickly before launching the final product (app),
- It helps businesses to do their online functions in a short time, etc.
Concisely, by choosing the MVP method, the business can reduce the expenditure by developing unnecessary features with the app. At the same time, it helps the customers to save their precious time. That’s why you need to prefer the MVP development model.
Think Beyond Features: Look into MoSCoW Model
As we have seen before the main objective of the MVP model is to produce the final mobile application for a business with effective features and design. That means, it should not contain any unnecessary or useless features.
So, you should know to shortlist the numerous suggestions and reviews from the users to include a list of features. To do this effectively, the MoSCoW model will help you. The term MoSCoW means “Must have, Should have, Could have, and Will not have”.
- Must have – First shortlist and request developers to include the features which are most important for your business. For example, if you are running a taxi business and hire a developer to get a taxi booking app, then your application must include online booking, cancellation, and payment features. These are vital to doing your business online.
- Should have – You should provide a second preference to the features which can be considered important but not vital. In our example, GPS locating system, Rating and review, and others are ‘Should have features’.
- Could have- These are the features that can make the application to be nice and attractive. For instance, in-app wallet, QR-based payment, integration with a third-party app, and others.
- Will not have – The features that can be used rarely or maybe not by the users. So, it is better to not include it with your mobile application.
By following this method, you can shortlist the best useful features for your mobile application. In simple words, don’t run to include numerous features but useful features.
Benefits of MVP App Development
Throughout this blog, you can see the benefits of following the MVP app development method. But, in this part, you can concisely check the other unique benefits of following the MVP method of app development.
- Reduce the errors and bugs- As it has been developing step by step, there is a low possibility of having bugs and errors in the final app.
- Collection of Analysis and Reviews – By getting reviews from the initial stage to the final stage you will get the complete knowledge of the working efficiency of your app.
- Validate and Scale Your Idea – In each step, you can check the impact of the improvement from the customer side. Through this, you can scale your features and application easily.
- Affordable and Cost-effective- As you will include only useful features you can reduce the unnecessary expenditure and also time.
So, that’s all. Now all you need to do is find the best and most reliable one who can develop a resilient mobile application for your business.
In this final part, I reiterate the importance of choosing the best app development firm to get the benefits of the MVP method. You should do the research on the previous projects, costumes, and their review on the IT firm before choosing the solution firm to develop your application. So, choose the best mobile app development company to avail your mobile app by following the MVP method.