This article describes how to recover VBA password from Excel file. There are many similar questions about the Internet and myriad solutions. But what do you know? However, users still face many problems when resetting passwords for multilingual VBA projects. If you are one of those users looking for similar solutions, don’t worry. Continue till the end and get 100% of the expected result.
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is the abbreviation for Visual Basic for Applications. It is used in various Microsoft products, especially MS Excel, to introduce new features and automate common processes. Due to the nature of VBA programs and the need for file security, most users use passwords to encrypt VBA programs. On the other hand, you don’t need the VBA password and you can forget it. This clearly means that you cannot access or edit the VBA Excel program. Need a Technique to Crack the Excel VBA Password to Prevent Confusion
In this case, VBA is mainly used to create automated procedures, user-defined functions, Windows APIs, and so on. It is also used to manage host application functions.
Recover VBA Password From Excel File Using Manual Method
Method 1 – Using Hex Editor to Remove VBA Password
- Create a new Microsoft Excel XLS / XLSX file using any hexadecimal editor application
- Next, you need to specify the password in the VBA area (Alt + F11)
- Save the newly created file in any destination directory and then exit
- Then open the file you created in a hexadecimal editor
- All files starting with CMG = …, DPB = …, GC = …. should be duplicated
- Open the file that decrypts the VBA password in Excel and paste the copied line over the fake file
- Therefore, to decrypt the VBA password in Excel, save the Excel file and exit
- Enter the common password used in the above Excel file in the Excel file to access the VBA code.
Method 2: Remove Password from XLS Excel With WinZip / WinRAR
Perform the following steps: –
- First, change the .xlsm file extension to .zip
- With WinRAR / WinZip, open the .zip file and select the .xl folder
- Now you need to extract the vbaProject.bin file
- After unzipping the file, open it in a hex editor
- Here find the DPB file and replace it with the DPX file and save that specific file
- You can now save this latter file in a zip file along with the former vbaProject.bin file
- Next, you need to change the extension of the ZIP file to XLSM file
- In MS Excel, start Visual Basic and go to Tools option
- Now, select the “VBA Project Properties” option and click on the “Security” option
- In this step you need to add new password and then save the file in .xlsm format
- Finally you have to exit the VBA file and reopen it with a new password
What are the Disadvantages of this Manual Solution?
There are some downsides to using this manual solution. Some of them are:
It is not the right solution
Technical process to crack the VBA password
Not suitable for non-technical users.
No guaranteed success rates
Fear of losing important data
To avoid this inconvenience, users should resort to professional solutions.
Automatic Solution to Recover VBA Password from Excel File
If the above methods are difficult or they don’t work, you can easily get help with these methods. Use VBA Password Remover Tool to recover lost or forgotten project file passwords without data loss. Remove the password from one or more VBA documents. Supports all MS Office files including .doc, .dot, .xls, .mdb, .xla and cracks all macro format passwords including .xltm, .xlam, .xlsb, .docm, .dotm increase. The best thing about this tool is that it provides the ability to convert targeted emails with advanced filtering options. Both professional and non-professional users can use this tool without any problems.
How to Remove VBA Excel Password: Working Steps
Users need to follow these quick steps to complete this task:
- Install and Run VBA Password Remover software on your system
- Click on Add File / Add Folder option to browse password protected files
- Navigate to the location where you saved the VBA file to select the file. Click the Open button
- You can also remove added files from the software panel. All you have to do is select the file and click on the Remove button. Click Remove to remove all added VBA files from the software
- After completing all the steps, click the reset button to open and recover the password protected VBA file
- When the process is complete, the Restart Process Completed Successfully screen is displayed. Click OK.
The above blog briefly describes the solution to recover VBA password from Excel file. Some users were looking for a solution to this problem, but couldn’t get a complete and perfect solution to the problem. However, after reading this post, users can easily complete this task. The above software is easy for users to use and will help you complete this task in a few simple steps. Follow the steps above for a hassle-free solution.