Summary: Do you want to Export Gmail Messages to HTML? But the problem is you are not able to find the right method that can convert all messages into HTML format at once. You don’t need to worry because, in this article, we will provide you methods to Export your data in the desired format.
Undoubtedly, Gmail is one of the best and most widely used email client in today’s era. Since Gmail is introduced, it has only grown over the period. Gmail is used for official as well as personal communication. Hence, it has become the most important way to communicate. However, there are some emails that are very important to us, so users want to store a local copy of messages on their hard drives that they can use even in offline mode.
Well, many users want to save their emails in HTML formats, so in the upcoming section, we will discuss why users want to change Gmail data to HTML format.
Why Do Users Want to Export Gmail Messages to HTML?
HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) communicates with the web browser. In other words, you can open Gmail messages offline in any internet web browser such as Chrome, Mozilla, Opera, and Internet Explorer.
- Users can easily share HTML files with others by using email or messenger programs.
- HTML files can store a large number of information in a less size such as Headings, Multimedia, Ordered List, Unordered List, Text etc.,
- An HTML file is one of the most relevant file extension to store messages because you can export Gmail emails into individual HTML web pages. You can create multiple HTML files for multiple emails.
- If you have saved emails in HTML format so you don’t need an internet connection to access HTML files.
2 Methods to Export Gmail Messages to HTML
Here, we will discuss two methods to convert Gmail emails to HTML formats. The first one will be the manual method and another one will be an alternative method. Read the given article to understand it properly. Let’s start with the manual method.
Export Gmail Messages to HTML Using Manual Method
Here you have to follow two steps to get your email in HTML format
STEP-1: Download Emails
- Open Gmail and login with your ID and Password
- Open that mail which you want to download
- Click on three horizontal dots which is the right side of the screen
- Click on the “Download” button to download the mail
When you click on the Download button your data will be downloaded in EML format. Now you have to follow step 2.
STEP-2: Convert EML to HTML
- Right-click on the mail which you have downloaded in your system
- Click on “Open With”
- Select Notepad
- After that click on “File” in Notepad which is top-left of the screen
- Then go to “Save As”
- Change .eml in .html to convert your message in HTML
- Click on the “Save” button to end your task
Limitation of Manual Method
It is true that users can Export Gmail messages to HTML by using the manual method, but if you have tried the above method. So you might face some issues while using the manual way. Here we discuss some limitations of the above method.
- The manual method is very time-consuming
- Users can convert their messages one by one. It means only a single conversion is possible at a time
- It takes too much time to load the message
- There are chances to crash the internet browse
Export Gmail Messages to HTML Using Alternative Solution
Here we will use Corbett Gmail Backup Tool to Export Gmail Emails to HTML. With help of this tool, you can easily complete your task without any data loss. This utility provides you to convert bulk Gmail messages to HTML files. It is available for all Windows versions. It has a very user-friendly interface and is very easy to use even a non-tech user can use all its amazing features without any guidance.
Steps to Export
- Download the software and install it on your system
- Click on the “Open” option
- Then select “Email Account” and “Add Account” and configure by filling in “Email id and Password”
- Your complete data come in software, now you have to click on the “Export” option
- Select “HTML” format
- Click on the “Save” button to start the exportation process
In this article, we have discussed the best solutions to export Gmail messages to HTML. Here we have provided you manual as well as an alternative method to convert Gmail data into HTML format. Now it is on you which method you choose according to your need. But if you want to save your time and complete all messages at once so go to alternative one.