Do you want to convert OST to MBOX file format? Then, unfortunately, you landed on the right page.
It is not necessary to have always supported email clients to open MBOX files in the system. Also, Microsoft Outlook is not compulsory to be installed on the individual device to open OST data files. In that case, users face issues with the opening data file.
MBOX is Gmail, Thunderbird, Eudora, Apple mail-supported file format. Whereas, OST is created by MS Outlook application.
Are you thinking of such an application that works without any dependency on other Applications? The answer is yes. There is convert OST files to MBOX file format software.
Keep reading this article, know the working of the tool. And also, check its works to operate it hassle-free. So, let us start.
Expert Suggested Convert OST to MBOX File Format
Users who are eager to know about the working of the tool, are welcome to this section of the blog.
This application has a vast number of features that make the user comfortable using it. And does not require any technicalities, to run the software. Because of its user-friendly interface, within a few simple clicks, users will achieve their goal to convert Microsoft Outlook OST data files to MBOX data files.
Let us focus on the working part of the tool.
- Download and open the application in your system.
- In Add file on the upper left corner, add the OST data file to the software.
- Now, the page opens, here you have a preview of your data. Now select the file that you want in MBOX file format and click on Exported selected.
- In case, you want all data in MBOX file format. Then, click on the Export button.
- Select MBOX file format in Select export type. And, finally, click on Export.
Thus, by following the above steps the task for Convert OST to MBOX data file format is accomplished.
There is another method for Thunderbird. If you want to Open an OST data file on the interface of the Thunderbird email application, you don’t need to convert it into MBOX file format.
In the below section we will discuss this special case in context with Thunderbird.
Application for OST File to Open in Thunderbird Email Client
Instead of, convert OST to an MBOX file, we will convert it into PST file format. Again, you are thinking what am I talking about. But, yes you can open the PST data file in Thunderbird. PST is MS Outlook supported file format. In case if you want to open a PST file in Outlook then you don’t face to convert PST to an MBOX scenario. Thus, we have the solution for this also. Users can use Bulk Convert OST Files to PST Format tool.
Workarounds to Open OST Data File in Thunderbird
- Download the application on your Windows operating system, and run it.
- Browse the OST data file from your system, where the file is located.
- You have a preview option for your OST data. Now, hit on Export button.
- Finally, select PST file format under the Select export type option.
- Then, hit on Export, to end the entire process of conversion.
Now, you are with the PST file in your hand. Now, we will know how to open this in Thunderbird.
Manually Import PST File in Thunderbird
By using the tool we convert OST data file into PST file format, instead of convert OST to MBOX file. Now, we need to follow this step to open the PST data file in the Thunderbird email.
For this manual method, you need to have both MS Outlook and Thunderbird on your system.
- Run Microsoft Outlook in the system.
- Go to the File menu bar, click on the Open & Export option.
- Tap on Import/Export option. Now, choose Export to a file by using the Import/Export wizard.
- Then, click on the Next button to proceed further.
- Choose Outlook Data File (.pst). Then, click on Next.
- Choose the folders that you want to export, then, click on the Next button.
- Select the location to save the file, also checkbox corresponding to Include Subfolders.
- Finally, click on the Finish option, to end the above task.
Features of Application to Convert MS Outlook OST to MBOX and PST file format
The above-mentioned two tools have somewhat similar features.
- The tool has the ability to convert OST to MBOX, PST, PDF, and many more file formats.
- Easily convert inaccessible, orphan, corrupted OST to given file formats.
- Ability to act on IMAP, Office 365, Hot-mail, and Outlook OST file to convert in the desired format.
- It can decrypt the password protected OST data file.
In this blog, we learn how to convert OST to MBOX. Also, we see a special case where we can convert OST data file to PST format to open in Thunderbird. As there is no manual method. Thus, we switch to the third-party tool. Finally, by using them we overcome the problems.
Also Read Outlook Print all Email Attachments